1. Centaral government to re-investigate the herbal medicine samples from Yog Guru Ramdev's pharmacy : Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss told reporters in New Delhi. He also said that the first samples tested positive for animal and human parts.
2. Its a conspiracy : Ramdev Baba told reporters in Nashik that CPI-M leader Brinda Karat's allegations are wild, baseless and defamatory. He alleged that its a conspiracy to rule out herbal medicines from the Indian market in order to boost the MNC's sales.
3. Anti-corruption bureau raids 5 Pune Municipal Corporation Octroi Posts : One PMC employee was arrested red-handed acceping bribe.
4. No water supply to Pune city on saturday, Jan 7 : Essential electrical works in Parvati Water Works.
5. FDA files a case against 2 traders for supplying coloured carrots
6. Municipal corporation honchos enjoying a `luxurious` drive : Under which rule Municipal Corporation can buy expensive cars for their honchos, asks citizens
7. Samajwadi Party leader Amar singh's Phone-Tapping matter takes new turns.
8. One shot dead on Pune-Mumbai Highway in Chinchwad.
The Maharashtra Herald
1. Pregnant decoy delivers doc to justice : Sting operation catches doc revealing sex of foetus
In a first-of-its kind sting operation in the Pimpri-Chinchwad area, a team of social activists and government health officers swooped on a sonography centre and nabbed a doctor for violating the Preconception and Prenatal (Prohibition of sex selection) Act 2003 and revealing the gender of an unborn child.
2. `Sakaal Edugain-06` begins tomorrow (Jan 6) in Pune
Vastu, Arogya, Shopping festival and now Edugain. The latest offering from the house of Sakaal, offering a platform for students to get the right counselling on various careers in the market.
Edugain 06 : Jan 6 to 9
At : Engineering College Grounds, Shivajinagar, Pune.
3. Scores dead in Indonesia landslide
A landslide triggered by heavy rains crashed into a village in Indonesia's central Java province yesterday (Jan 4), killing at least 14 people and trapping scores under the muddy debris.
4. Here's a googly from Tamil Nadu : Protests about raw deal meted out to State's criketers.
Hindu Makkal Katci's (Hindu People's Party) leaders yesterday protested against non-selection of pace bowler L. Balaji, all rounder Hemang Badani and wicket-keeper Dinesh Karthick for Pakistan tour.
Thursday, January 05, 2006